There are different types of chainsaws that can be used depending on the type of work. For example, for light tasks like small chores or felling small trees, from 8 to 12-inch long chain should be sufficient. However, a 14-inch bar saw may be more appropriate for cutting small trees or logs and any job larger than this will require a more professional type of chainsaw with a 20-inch bar or longer. By knowing the nature of the job or the work you will buy the best chainsaw for cutting firewood according to your work.
So it is important to understand exactly how to choose the best chainsaw. People will get the best results by considering the best chain brands, and understanding what size chainsaw to buy for the type of work that needs to be done.
7 Best Chainsaws for Firewood 2021
- 7 Best Chainsaws for Firewood 2021
- 1. Oregon Electric Chainsaw
- 2. Black+Decker Electric Chainsaw
- 3. Greenworks Cordless Chainsaw
- 4. Makita Chainsaw Cordless Design
- 5. Dewalt Cordless Chainsaw 12-inch
- 6. Blue Max Corded Electric Chainsaw
- 7. Worx WG322 Cordless Chainsaw
1. Oregon Electric Chainsaw
Well-made and easy to handle, Oregon CS1500 is one of the best pieces of equipment made for every kind of cutting firewood. There are several positive features of this saw, it allows great work with better productivity with instantly affected capability. Due to the powerful speed and oil lubrication system, the chain decreases downtime and increases speed within 3 seconds or less time. This is the one electric power tool that does all challenging chores with confidence.
A toolless tensioning system, does not require more tools for the adjustment chain, just tighten the ring on the side cover. Also, the tool has low noise quality for silent cuts to avoid disturbance, and a chain brake is added for safety in case of kickback.
- Corded electric power source
- 15 AMP motor power
- Tool dimensions 18 x 37.5 x 10.5 inches
- 18-Inch product size
- The item weight is 12.6 pounds
- Come without assembly, No required
- Run smooth and silent
- The oil system allows faster cuts
- Sharp chain instantly affected
2. Black+Decker Electric Chainsaw
The unique design of Balcke+Decker is a great alternative to standard chainsaws for tree pruning, smooth and fast cutting ability makes cutting seamless. Specially made for stronger branches and is cut in one step without interruption. This electric chainsaw is very easy to move around in multiple cutting directions and the powerful motor performs well for demanding cuts.
The automatic oil system makes a more standard unit, which keeps the bar and chain permanently lubricated while cutting. Also, the chain brake is the major feature of this model, which provides optimal safety while using the device.
- The power source of the product is electric
- 15 AMP powerful motor
- The chainsaw size is 18-inch
- The device weight is 12 Pounds
- Item dimensions is 20.69 x 13.19 x 10.81 inches
- Item model number is (CS1518)
- Ideal for smooth and fast cutting
- Corded design runs for a long time
- No tension of fuel
- Tool-free chain tensioning system for quick adjustment of chain
- Little much noisy
3. Greenworks Cordless Chainsaw
GreenWorks is the most prominent power equipment for forest and home & garden care. Comes with high-quality professional features and delivers highly trimming performance at different angles. Sturdy chain and bar with tool-less chain adjustment increase productivity for optimal performance. An automatic oil supplier system lubricates the chain and bars continuously while working for smooth ripping.
A highly recommended Lithium-Ion battery delivers powerful speed and the chain pitch provides the capability for cuts without kickback to different limbs. The wrap-around handle provides ease of cutting in different directions.
- product size 12 inches
- Battery power source
- One rechargeable 2.0 Ah Lithium-ion battery included (40V)
- The unit weight is 6 pounds
- The chain pitch size is 3/8-inch
- The device dimensions are 26.4 x 8.1 x 11 inches
- Cordless model
- High-performance battery included for powerful speed
- Sharp and thin kerf chain with tool-less tensioning
- Lightweight design, easy to move around cutting area
- Not full size, less than 18 inch
- Only DC system, did not convert to AC power
4. Makita Chainsaw Cordless Design
The Makita XCU07Z cordless commercial-grade electric chainsaw built with a high-power brushless direct-drive motor provides a high capacity of strength. This unit requires two Lithium-Ion batteries for a better finish and delivers excellent power to the engine. However, batteries are not included with the product. Captured bar nuts provide maintenance while ripping materials for precision cuts, also the lengthy guide bar extends the cutting capability.
To automatically shut down the saw added an on/off switch with an auto power-off option to save the battery life. The lock-lever function protects the blade from accidentally hanging.
- The chain size is 14-inches
- Battery power source, ( Cordless design )
- Required two 18v batteries ( Not included )
- The item weight is 9 pounds
- 3,940 RPM delivering chain speed
- The item dimensions are 9 x 21.3 x 10.6 inches
- Automatic chain lubrication system
- 14-inch guide bar for extending cutting performance
- Lock lever feature for accidentally engaging
- No discounted
- Batteries sold separately
5. Dewalt Cordless Chainsaw 12-inch
The Dewalt (DCCS620B) cordless chainsaw offers a low kickback chain and bar to power up any job, whether it’s big or small. Specially built for outdoor cutting and professional use. This battery-powered and lightweight design provides up to 90 cuts per charge for ripping 4 × 4 applications and a high-capacity brushless motor maximizes the cutting accessibility. The soft-grip handle gives up the flexibility to work on different angles without hassles.
The tool-free tensioning chain is easy to set up and performs heavy duty in every project and bar tightening knobs doesn’t allow the bar to move and deliver proper trimming. Also, added a chain brake for kick-back protection to save the chain from any harm.
- Design with a battery power source
- 9 lbs weight with battery
- The tool size is 12-inch
- Using 12V, 5 Ah battery (Not included )
- Item dimensions are 25 x 9 x 9 inches
- Compact light-weight design easy to the mover for multiple cut
- Can cut 4 x 4 wood easily
- The battery power tool can be used anywhere
- Drive smooth without kick-back
- Not included, battery, charger, and bare tool
- Chain size small than some other saws
6. Blue Max Corded Electric Chainsaw
An excellent model, the Blue Max has instantly affected features for ripping wood and overall features will be well appreciated. The oil lubrication system automatically lubricates the chain which delivers a sleek cut and maximizes pressure. For safety, this electric power chainsaw has an immediately activated chain brake that stops the chain from spinning, while kickback and also, added an on/off button to the control engine power.
A high-quality motor has been attached to the device which produces a magnificent speed for satisfying cuts and a flexible certified cord for optimal strength. Besides that, A chain cover is included to protect the chain.
- Run with an electric power source
- 16-inches the device size
- 5,500 Rpm motor speed
- 13 pounds weight of this item
- 13.80-inches ul certified cord
- Product dimensions are 22.83 x 20.5 x 9.45 inches
- The motor delivers 5,500 speed
- 100 ml lubrication oil included
- Designed with great locking and safety features
- Not discounted
7. Worx WG322 Cordless Chainsaw
This cordless model offers exceptional results without worrying about gas and cord and provides fast accurate cuts for obliging tasks. The Worx WG322 model is a compact and extremely lightweight unit that makes it easy to move for nonstop cutting. The fast tool-free adjustment chain is lubricated all the time because of the automatic oil system and runs smoothly around the bar. The oil gauge indicator shows the oil level and a powerful Lithium-Ion battery supplies a big amount of power for less kickback.
This device is a big solution for any type of limb trimming because it has a lot of qualities, which will not let you disappointed. It’s made well-balanced and you can work on a steep hillside in a better safer condition.
- Cordless designed with a battery power source
- 10-inches chain and bar size
- 6.19 pounds the device weight
- Chain speed 12.5 FT/S
- One Lithium-Ion battery require ( Included )
- Product dimensions are 25 x 7.5 x 9.5 inches
- Light-weight unit, easy to move around for multiple angles cuts
- Auto tensioning and lubricating system
- Oil indicator system
- Not suitable for extra-large application
- Small size chainsaw
How to Use Chainsaw
When you are going to use a chainsaw, it is important to understand the complete procedure. Safety is the basic thing, you should make sure that all the bases are covered while using the saw. You should have long pants, safety helmets, goggles for eye protection, gloves, and air plugs. It is important for users to know the appropriate precautions for a chain and to put them into practice. Before starting the cut, the user should support and hold the chainsaw firmly.
The cut should start with full throttle and the elbows should not be locked. Usually, the first deduction is made from the top, and at the end of the work, the deduction is made from the bottom to complete the first deduction. Also, before using the saw check the level of oil and make sure that is enough.
The electric chainsaw is the most powerful instrument for the operation of trees. It comes with a cord and needs electric power from an outlet to power the saw. It requires a minimum 100 feet extension cord so that you do not have any hassles while operating it. Electric chainsaws are usually best for heavier applications and can cut firewood, limb cutting, branches cutting, as well clearing of fallen timber.
There are many advantages of electric chainsaws instead of gas power chainsaws. An electric power device has 8 to 18 inches of bar and chain which perform better than a gas power chainsaw.
Cordless Or Battery Power Chainsaw
Cordless chainsaws are the most professional type of chainsaw as they offer more capability without the power cord. These models do not have exciting power like electric models, but it sufficient for smaller trees or thick shrubs. It is not noisy and very easy to handle, also the extensional battery saves energy and can be used roughly about 30 minutes to one hour.
The overall listed products are the leading chainsaw brands and offer both professional and homeowner-use chainsaws with a variety of benefits and features. Two types of devices have been added in this review, electric power, and battery power, both types of chainsaws are applicable for a wide range of cutting and offer a powerful capacity of power. These types of chainsaws do their respective jobs perfectly and offer their users very easy operation features.